International Centre for Dispute Resolution Lahore
The objective of the International Centre for Dispute Resolution Lahore (ICDRL) is to raise awareness about ADR and to inculcate in students that peaceful settlement of disputes is the future. Litigation has been the backbone of the justice system for hundreds of years. However, with the backlog of courts, there is a growing need to evolve the system.
Alternative Dispute Resolution is a mechanism that includes unique techniques such as negotiation, mediation and arbitration to promote settlements outside of court that save time and money. ADR is the perfect route to efficient and effective conflict resolution.
The aim of the centre is to:
- Develop awareness about ADR in Pakistan and provide students and professionals with a platform to drive its policymaking forward through research work, legislative drafting, policy making, and article writing.
- Offer a range of ADR services including Mediation, Arbitration, Negotiation and Conciliation. Accredited negotiators, mediators, and arbitrators are a part of our distinguished panel for providing their expert skills in solving disputes and promoting peace and harmony. The centre also provides pro bono mediation services with or without collaborations with NGOs.
- Hold training workshops for students to participate in ADR competitions such as the ICC Mediation Competition, ADR ODR International Mediation & Negotiation Competitions, International Mediation Singapore (IMSG) Competition, IBA-VIAC CDRC Vienna Mediation and Negotiation Competition and the Willem C. International Commercial Arbitration Moot. In addition, ICDRL will be hosting its own international mediation competition in collaboration with ICLS.
- Provide accredited professional training courses through the ADR ODR International, UK such as the Civil/Commercial Mediation Training Course, the Family Mediation Training Course, Negotiation Training, Associate Arbitrator Training and the Online Dispute Resolution Training. These courses are accredited by the CMC (UK), SIMI (Singapore) and IMI (Netherlands).
- Conduct its own introductory training courses for Mediation, Negotiation and Arbitration. Certificates are provided upon successful completion of the course.
- Conducts an annual internship programme for the youth aimed at involving motivated individuals as interns who are passionate about ADR and are eager to help themselves and work on the goal of promoting peace.
ICDRL and ICLS are corporate partners of ADR ODR International UK. Director ICDRL, Ms Sarah Tarar is their Resident Representative for Pakistan and is also a part of their International Faculty. ADR ODR International is the thought leader in progressive dispute resolution and training from international conflict management to negotiation, mediation and arbitration.